1. Hey there, Guest! Join us in the Discord where it's all weather, all the time, 24/7/365. Membership applications are processed in 24hrs or less. Drop by and see how we've improved this important medium.
    Dismiss Notice

Mobile Threat Net / WxWorx pricing for 2018

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Dan Robinson, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson WxLibrary Editor
    Staff Member

Does anyone know what the current plan tiers and pricing are for Mobile Threat Net (WxWorx)? I noticed my monthly bill went up to $89.97. My unit is now showing data consistent with the old Master Mariner plan (radar and lightning) but not the Responder (no satellite and SPC outlooks). Master Mariner used to be $49 and the Responder was $99. I knew the plans changed a while ago, but I never could confirm the numbers.

I have been unsuccessful in finding this information online anywhere. I also emailed Baron support a week ago but haven't received a response. Anyone from Baron lurking Stormtrack?

2. Bill Hark

Bill Hark EF5

My unit is off right now. I usually turn it on in the Spring. A new unit and 6 months service was given away at Chasercon 2019, but they didn't have their booth. I was hoping to chat about some technical issues with their rep. They were absent in 2017, don't know about 2018. I was able to find their website with unit pricing packages a few weeks ago but didn't look for the various service levels.

3. Bill Hark

Bill Hark EF5

Here's the equipment link: https://www.wxworx.com/all-products

4. Drew T

Drew T EF4

I couldn't find anything on their website about pricing for subscription levels

5. Dan Robinson

Staff Member

I heard back from Baron and Sirius. It turns out that Sirius XM switched me to a quarterly billing instead of monthly, which is why my bill was $89.97. Baron said the Threat Net plan tiers and pricing are still the same:

Sailor - $29.99/month
    Master Mariner - $49.99/month
    Responder - $99.99/month

I am seeing lightning data now with the Sailor plan, which is a new thing. Used to be you had to have Master Mariner for that.

• Like Like x 1
    #5 Dan Robinson, Feb 14, 2019 at 5:33 PM
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019 at 5:41 PM
  6. B. Dean Berry

B. Dean Berry Moderator

Dan, could you DM me on here, or on Discord, regarding the plans? I can't seem to get anyone at Baron to ask about this whole deal.

7. Dan Robinson

Staff Member

Dean, try emailing Cliff Windham - he is pretty good about responding to questions. I DM'ed his email.