Issues with new UI

Discussion in 'Technical issues' started by ScottCurry, Dec 20, 2016.

1. ScottCurry

ScottCurry Member

(1) On home page, getting login red banner, even though I'm already logged in.

upload_2016-12-20_14-19-15.png

(2) Weird jumping action occurring when scrolling on the home page. Bar tends to be in the middle of the page for a second. Probably a Javascript delay.

upload_2016-12-20_14-21-11.png

(3) Clicking "Post New Thread" opens up post page, but starts you at the bottom of the page. I have to scroll all the way to the top to actually post a new thread.

upload_2016-12-20_14-22-37.png

(4) New Posts and New Threads are near impossible to find. I really liked having those up front and center, even before logging in.

(5) Media shows [1] new, but I don't know what's new.

upload_2016-12-20_14-25-24.png

I'll let you know if I find anything else :)

2. ScottCurry

ScottCurry Member

(6) I'm not logged in, but it's still showing me as online.

upload_2016-12-20_14-30-59.png

3. Mark Blue

Staff Member

Thanks Scott for the report. We're still working with the developer to fix the issues you've noticed. I have put a recap together behind the scenes to address everything.

• Like Like x 1
  4. StephenHenry

StephenHenry Member

I think the new look is great, but I also have a couple nagging issues.

• "Open Chat in New tab" doesn't work anymore for me. It does open a new tab, but the chat fails to load in (seems to give a sort of 404 response)
    • I would love a quicker way to see New Posts since last visit from the home page. Currently the quickest path I've found for this is Community --> Forums dropdown --> New Posts. Is there an easy way to add that up front? Or am I missing an easier way?

5. Mark Blue

Staff Member

Responses are inline above. Just click expand to open up the quote.

One other fix to the homepage was the sidebar you see on pages such as in the WxLibrary. It shows your profile, avatar, and name there. Before, the text was vertically stacked do it looked kind of strange. That has been fixed in the new iteration of the portal.

We used to have a widget that showed new threads IIRC, but it was nixed in the latest theme for a cleaner look. I'll do some research to see if there is an addon that allows these to be displayed. Hopefully this will address most of the issues you brought forth. Thanks again for your patience.

6. Mark Blue

Staff Member

See my responses inline above. Click to expand the quote. The new posts was addressed in Scott's post.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ScottCurry

ScottCurry Member

(1) Problem not resolved.
    Expected Action:
    If not logged in, login banner appears.
    If logged in, login banner does not appear. Name, mail, flag banner shows instead.

Actual Result:
    If not logged in, login banner appears.
    If logged in, login banner appears. Name, mail, flag banner is not shown.

(2) Resolved.

(3) Resolved. I figured out that it jumps to the first unread post. That's fine. It was just unexpected.

(4) Resolved.

(5) Resolved.

8. ScottCurry

ScottCurry Member

New problem (showed up a few weeks ago):

Using a desktop browser (any browser), I get the mobile menu instead of the desktop menu.

The problem is because you have a media width of 981px on the menu. It's fine to use that number for the overall body window width, but because you have a lot of padding and margin between the menu and the sides of the browser, I'm getting a mobile menu on a desktop browser.

My browser window is 1263px wide.

upload_2017-4-12_8-21-22.png