Introducing: Stormtrack Discord, the Online Forum Alternative for a New Generation of Weatherers

James K

EF4
Mar 26, 2019
Colorado
Is Discord working for anyone?
For the past few days whenever I've tried going there, all I get is a blank page.
Already tried the easy stuff like rebooting/clearing browser cache etc, even tried 3 different browsers (PaleMoon, WaterFox, & FireFox ) .. all with the same result of just a blank page.

Its not just the Stormtrack server, but any of the few I've joined, and even the login page: discord.com/login
(note: I do have AdBlock & NoScript but neither shows anything blocked)

Peter Potvin

Staff member
May 20, 2018
Pembroke, ON, Canada
The desktop and mobile apps have been fine for me, but I just tried on the web version and I had no issue.

One thing I have started to notice is that Discord refuses to load for me over IPv6 no matter what access method I use, so it might be worth checking to see if you're trying to connect over IPv6 and if so try disabling it to see if it starts working for you.

James K

EF4
Mar 26, 2019
Colorado
Interesting one there Peter.

I've always kept IPv6 disabled on my network & computers.
Reading this, I just checked to make sure any settings hadn't changed themselves. Nope, still disabled as I had it.

James K

EF4
Mar 26, 2019
Colorado
I tried it on 2 other computers tonight and in both cases got the same thing .. just a blank page in the browser window.

James K

EF4
Mar 26, 2019
Colorado
Since I can't get it to work on anything I've tried (and only saw one result/question of the exact same issue I have) on the multiple google searches I've done)...
Has anyone tried a windows discord client like 'discord sandboxed' or 'fosscord' ?? (I do not consider the 'official' client as even being an option)