FWD MIC Thanks Chasers

Discussion in 'Weather In The News' started by Randy Jennings, May 1, 2017.

1. Randy Jennings

The Meteorologist-in-Charge (MIC) at NWS FWD posted this on Twitter the day after the Canton,TX area tornados thanking chasers:

tom.png

• Like Like x 11
  2. Randall Bragg

thank you. There has been such negativity towards spotters, chasers, and storm lovers in general. Refreshing to hear gratitude for the good that we offer !!!

3. Ben Holcomb

Ben Holcomb Digital Janitor
    Staff Member

As much as some people want to believe they aren't appreciated or that a certain office hates chasers, etc. I've simply found it not to be true in my experiences. Rick Smith (OUN WCM) has always thanked me for my reports and Steve Piltz (MIC Tulsa) has also.

Thank you Tom Bradshaw for going out of your way to make a public thank you. At the end of the day we all love weather and there's no reason we shouldn't be working together.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Lou Ruh

Lou Ruh EF1

I can't speak for all of the CWAs, but, my local one (in the eastern part of the country) is anti-chaser (hates may be a strong word). They like the pictures/videos, but, without those, I doubt they would take a chaser report without more evidence (well, they might take mine since they know me, but, they would list it as a spotter report probably). They take the same approach to SpotterNetwork reports.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Stormtrack mobile app