Dash Cam Suggestions

• Please note the forum rules were updated today. You may review them by clicking here

Mark Blue

Owner
Staff member
Feb 19, 2007
Colorado
That's definitely a legit use. I'd like to have video of some of the kooks I see on the interstates in Denver. Some of these nutcases drive like 90 or 100 swerving in and out of lanes without a care in the world. If they can cut it by 6" they'll grab whatever space is available. I'm very interested in these devices and will probably end up with one before next year.

Jeff Duda

Resident meteorological expert
Staff member
Oct 7, 2008
Broomfield, CO
www.meteor.iastate.edu
That's definitely a legit use. I'd like to have video of some of the kooks I see on the interstates in Denver. Some of these nutcases drive like 90 or 100 swerving in and out of lanes without a care in the world. If they can cut it by 6" they'll grab whatever space is available. I'm very interested in these devices and will probably end up with one before next year.
Go to YouTube and search for crazy traffic accidents caught on dash cams in Russia or the Middle East. You'll find days-worth of videos of stuff these people catch because so many of them use dash cams on a regular basis! Some of them are downright scary.

Jeff is correct, many of the notable dash cam videos on YouTube come out of Russia. You'll see some crazy stuff. I know my company provides them in our semis for that reason. I can't pull them from within the truck, otherwise I would have had some interesting video from the other night through Denver. 70 EB out of Denver was rather chaotic for 10pm on Monday night. I really need to put one in my personal vehicle, but I'm a stickler for wiring stuff to turn on/off with ignition, and I just haven't had the time to mess with it lately, or the weather has otherwise been poor, and I don't have a garage to work in (yet).

Reactions: Mark Blue