Changing username

Mark Blue

Staff member
Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Colorado
I noticed this was posted in the SN support forum. If you’re looking to change your username with them @John Wetter or another of their staff members will need to respond to your request.

Otherwise, if it’s related to ST it has to be some form of your real name, which we can accommodate.

Mark Blue

Staff member
Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Colorado
I'd like to change mine too, how do I do that?
You would contact any staff member from Stormtrack via a private conversation and state what you’d like for a new username. Please remember our real names policy before doing so. It appears you are currently using your real name, so there won’t be much leeway to work with. In other words: T Parker or Tanisha P as examples.

Bryan Loper

Enthusiast
Jun 18, 2018
Atlanta, Texas TX-CSS-5
I am wanting to change my username on my account. When i signed up, I used my call sign for username. I now have a vanity call. Sure would like to get my user name changed to it so it correspond with NWS chat room. My vanity call is WX5CSS. Thanks for any help.

Mark Blue

Staff member
Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Colorado
Hi Bryan,

If you scroll up to the #4 post in this thread you’ll see that SN doesn’t support username changes. If you wanted to change your ST username we can, but we have a real names policy, so the best we could do is B Loper or Bryan L, something along those lines. We cannot change it to your call sign on ST per policy.

Thanks,
Mark

Reactions: John Wetter

Bryan Loper

Enthusiast
Jun 18, 2018
Atlanta, Texas TX-CSS-5
Hi Bryan,

If you scroll up to the #4 post in this thread you’ll see that SN doesn’t support username changes. If you wanted to change your ST username we can, but we have a real names policy, so the best we could do is B Loper or Bryan L, something along those lines. We cannot change it to your call sign on ST per policy.

Thanks,
Mark
Hey Mark, hum, my user name now is KG5VDK. If you will change it to B Loper, that will work.
Thanks for the help.

Mark Blue

Staff member
Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Colorado
Your ST username is Bryan Loper, so no changes needed on our end. You can wait for @John Wetter from SN to show up but my understanding is they cannot change usernames in the SN system.

Bryan Loper

Enthusiast
Jun 18, 2018
Atlanta, Texas TX-CSS-5
There was a period of time where we changed our policy for new applicants, but after a short while we went back to our original stance. We were getting too many silly usernames like cookie monstah and the like so we had to reverse course. Give me a minute and I’ll change it for you.
Mark,the reason that I put my call sign in is because I work the Sky Warn nets in our area and with NWS Shreveport,La. It was better for identification purposes. I have since got my vanity call WX5CSS. Which is for my reporting station for CoCoRaHs and Cass County Tx.