All-Wheel-Drive Storm Chase Vehicle with Instruments Sale

Discussion in 'The Vault (archive)' started by Paul Stofer, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Paul Stofer

Well, unfortunately it has come to the point where I have, for a number of reasons, have to sell my Land Rover chase vehicle. Unfortunately, because of bills and other things, I am unable to keep my chase vehicle. I love this vehicle, and would keep it if I could. It has been my baby for the past 4 years. It runs perfect, and has been babyed. No dents in it except for one on the hood and one above the drivers door. Smaller than the size of a nickel. The land rover is a Silver 2002 Freelander S model. The vehicle is all time all-wheel-drive and has hill decent control, gear differential, etc. This vehicle has gotten me out of sticky situations a number of times. The vehicle only has 49K miles on it, and will come with a 3 year transferrable warranty. The vehicle gets 17MPG in the city and between 22-25MPG on the highway. I have done a good number of modding on the vehicle. The vehicle has a lift kit, front and rear brush guards which are great for hail, a Hella 500 fog lamp system and of course the weather station. I will be selling the weather station because next year with my future vehicle I will just run XM threat net, and I will have mobile internet as well as a miniture weather station. As far as what you will be getting with weather sensors, you will be getting:

RM Young Wind Sensor with display, DaqPod for data acquisition. This includes: Pressure, Dew point, Humidity, Temperature, Ham radio antenna, CB antenna, IC2100H ham radio, Radioshack CB/NOAA weather radio, Lighting / Strobe light beacon, Junction box, Side "alley" lights for viewing hail and other night uses, On-Board Live Chase Camera in an enclosed weather/hailproof housing on the roof.

I will also provide a hand-made laptop desk (not installed), and software to run the weather instruments on a computer (not provided).
    To see more on the vehicle visit:
    http://www.stormpursuit.com/pictures/myveh...hasevehicle.htm

I will discuss pricing through email. Only serious inquiries please. If you have any questions feel free to ask on the forum. A couple pictures of what is for sale is below, more pictures available at the website above and by request..
    Thanks for your interest,
    Paul

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][/list]

2. Kurt Silvey

Paul, are you selling everything as a package, or would you part out the equipment?

3. Paul Stofer

The whole thing as a package.. If I am unable to sell it all as a package, then I will start breaking it up and selling everything individually

4. Paul Stofer

5. bill mudd

bill mudd EF4

says bidding has ended for the item - has it?

6. Paul Stofer

yes.. bidding has ended