Hey there, Guest! Join us in the Discord where it's all weather, all the time, 24/7/365. Membership applications are processed in 24hrs or less. Drop by and see how we've improved this important medium.Dismiss Notice
Stormtrack's fundamental purpose is to provide original and high quality severe weather discussion. We welcome you as a member and look forward to your participation, but there are a few rules each member must follow. Important Note: If any of the terms in the rules are unfamiliar please search them using Google or consult the Urban Dictionary here .
STORMTRACK FORUM RULES
- No flame wars, name calling, personal attacks, or trolling of other forum members is allowed on Stormtrack. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is a requirement. Be respectful of others and refrain from disruptive behavior.
- No thread bombing with pointless posting or off-topic conversation. Stormtrack provides an optional forum for general conversation known as The Bear's Cage. Discussion must be on-topic and take place in the appropriate sub-forum.
- No thread hijacking. Start another thread if you have a different topic. Derailing discussions for the sole purpose of creating an argument is prohibited.
- No swearing in the thread title. It is permitted with limited use in the thread body, but please refrain from using excessive profanity as it detracts from quality discussion.
- Thread bumping is discouraged unless specific to the old thread and necessary. When in doubt, create a new thread or request assistance before bumping an old thread.
- No linking or posting of pornographic material is allowed.
- Do not post personal information (i.e. addresses, phone numbers or passwords) or any other details considered private without the express permission of any individual. You must respect the privacy of other members.
- Discussions, especially those of a political or religious nature, are reserved for the Bear's Cage area only. Discussions of this nature that are posted elsewhere on the forum are subject to removal, unless specifically related to a weather topic. Those engaging in these types of discussions are encouraged to remain civil.
- No buying, trading, or selling anywhere except the Marketplace forum. The Marketplace forum has its own set of specific rules. Please read the Marketplace specific rules prior to posting in that forum. Stormtrack is NOT responsible for any loss due to any sale or exchange of any item in the Marketplace forum.
- Do not post images or material where you do not have permission to distribute it electronically or otherwise. This includes posting owned images directly from a website. Images are to be hosted on your PC, server, or by a third party hosting service such as Photobucket, Imgur, or Flickr as an example. There are numerous services available for this purpose.
- Observe all copyright laws, TOS (Terms of Service), and NDAs (Non-Disclosure Agreement) when posting copyrighted material. If the material belongs to someone else, credit the original author. Do not post messages that violate Federal, State, or Local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by a NDA.
- Do not abuse or try to circumvent the forum software (Xenforo). It is provided as a benefit to you and its usage can and will be revoked upon suspicion.
- You must have a valid e-mail account where you can be reached by the forum software or an administrator. E-mail accounts must be updated in your personal profile when a change is required.
- Each Stormtrack member is limited to one account. Protect your password and your account very carefully. You are responsible for your account regardless of compromise or a stolen password.
- Stormtrack is a privately owned forum. Staff members have final say over what is and isn’t allowed. You must respect forum administrators and are bound to follow their direction. Public discussion or complaining of administrative actions are prohibited. Failure to comply may result in disciplinary action. Publicly complaining about a specific administrative action is not allowed.